CEO Stephane Bancel hopes to have Moderna booster shot for the two-dose COVID Vaccine by the fall. National Institutes of Health began testing options to use as a third shot to boost protection against the COVID virus.
DAILY COVID REPORT DIRECTORY
- WHITE HOUSE COIVID TASK FORCE RECOMENDATIONS FOR BULLOCH
- HELP FAMILIES STRUGGLING WITH COVID
- SUBSCRIBE TO GRICE CONNECT DAILY BRIEFING DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
- BULLOCH VACCINE LOCATIONS
- BULLOCH COVID TESTING OPTIONS
- BULLOCH COUNTY DAILY REPORT
- CANDLER COUNTY DAILY REPORT
- EVANS COUNTY DAILY REPORT
- BULLOCH SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITY REPORTS
- GA TECH COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT TOOL
- DO YOUR PART – PURCHASE A VACCINE PIN NOW
LOVE GRICE CONNECT? CHIP IN TO SUPPORT HYPERLOCAL NEWS AND INFORMATION
WHITE HOUSE COVID TASK FORCE BULLOCH RECOMMENDATIONS:
HELP FAMILIES STRUGGLING WITH COVID
Daily we hear stories of friends and family members who are fighting death, trying to beat COVID. Please reach out to family members who have loved ones struggling with COVID and do something for them. They need your prayers but they also need your support and help.
Get this report and all of the news of the day delivered to your inbox every morning at 6 am. It is free and a great way to stay informed
Providers are asking for citizens who who need a second dose to PLEASE NOT CALL providers unless you are within THREE days of your vaccines second dose timeline. For Moderna the minimum is 28 days from first dose and for Pfizer the minimum is 21 days after your first dose. Vaccines & supplies are increasing and there should be plenty for everyone to receive their second dose.
BULLOCH VACCINE LOCATIONS – EVERYONE 16 and older NOW ELIBIBLE
- Bulloch County Health Department (Southeast Health District)
- EGRMC – CALL EGRMC at 912-486-1811
- Forest Heights Pharmacy – Click Here to Schedule J&J Vaccine
- McCook’s Pharmacy
- Nightingale Infusion – FIRST DOSE ONLINE FORM – SECOND DOSE firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Family Medicine – (912) 290-5235
- Statesboro Pediatrics and Family Healthcare Center Inc – Call (478) 299-8444
- Statesboro Urgent Care – J&J Clinic April 16 and April 25 – Call (912) 259-9474
- The Prescription Shop – CALL (912) 764-6454
- Total Health – CALL (912) 871-7890 or EMAIL Ambassador@statesborototalhealth.com
- Walmart – both locations – Click Here to Schedule
- Vaccine Locations Source: https://dph.georgia.gov/locations/covid-vaccination-site
- DO NOT WALK INTO PROVIDERS EXPECTING A VACCINE
- YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET VACCINATED
- DO NOT CALL PROVIDERS TO SCHEDULE A SECOND VACCINE APPOINTMENT. THE PROVIDER WILL CALL YOU TO SCHEDULE YOUR SECOND DOSE APPOINTMENT
- CONTACT PROVIDERS ONLY IF YOU ARE WITHIN 3 DAYS OF YOUR VACCINES SECOND DOSE DUE DATE AND HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE PROVIDER
- PHIZER DUE DATE IS A MINIMUM OF 21 DAYS FROM YOUR FIRST DOSE AND
- MODERNA DUE DATE IS RECOMMENDED A MINIMUM OF 28 DAYS FOR THE SECOND DOSE
- SUPPLIES ARE INCREASING – PLEASE BE PATIENT – EVERYONE WILL BE VACCINATED
Bulloch COVID Testing Options
- Monday through Friday and 2nd and 4th Saturday
- Monday and Wednesday 8 am to 3 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 10 am to 6 pm
- Friday 9 am to 4 pm
- 2nd and 4th Saturday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Local doctors’ offices and urgent cares can provide PCR COVID testing and some have rapid testing capability. However, only a few are providing the rapid test to the general public and the price for testing varies based on insurance from $85 to $175 for rapid testing locally.
LUETTA MOORE PARK and East Georgia Heath Care, which is a federally subsidized clinic, are the two free options for PCR testing. DPH only offers PCR testing and they require you to complete an online questionnaire to determine eligibility for testing.
East Georgia Health Care – PCR – FREE, Rapid Antigen testing – $40
Statesboro Urgent Care – PCR, Rapid Antigen testing – $85 with Nurse visit/$125 with doctor visit
Statesboro Total Health – PCR, Rapid Antigen testing and Rapid Molecular testing
Applecare – PCR, Rapid Antigen and Rapid Molecular testing
South Georgia Immediate Care – which is now St. Joseph’s Urgent Care – PCR, Rapid Antigen testing
Act as though EVERYONE is Positive in Bulloch County
This is definitely the case now in Bulloch County. Local leaders are pleading with ALL Bulloch counties to operate for the next few weeks as if EVERYONE you come in contact with is positive. It is imperative that we all wear masks, avoid crowds and social distance. Please reconsider gathering with large groups including church and funerals.
Bulloch County Report
- 7 COVID positives reported today. This includes 3 PCR positives and 4 rapid antigen positives.
- 111 deaths which include 63 PCR test positive & 48 Rapid positive deaths reported for Bulloch
- 5 at EGRMC with COVID-19 (May or may not be Bulloch County residents.)
- 0 COVID-19 patients on vents at EGRMC
- Bulloch County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 73 and 7 day average of percent of positive tests is 9.7%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below) THESE ONLY INCLUDE PCR TEST – DPH DOES NOT INLCUDE ANITIGEN POSITIVES IN DAILY REPORT BY COUNTY. YOU SHOULD ASSUME THE NUMBERS ARE WORSE THAN DPH IS REPORTING.
- EGRMC has 17 total vents. However, this is reporting only COVID-19 patients on vents. It is unknown how many actual vents are in use at this time at EGRMC
Candler County Report:
- 0 COVID positives reported today. This includes 0 PCR positives and 0 rapid antigen positives
- 65 total deaths of Candler residents which include 36 PCR positive and 29 rapid positive
- Candler County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is N/A and the 7 day average of percent of positive tests is 4.8%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below) THESE ONLY INCLUDE PCR TEST – DPH DOES NOT INLCUDE ANITIGEN POSITIVES IN DAILY REPORT BY COUNTY. YOU SHOULD ASSUME THE NUMBERS ARE WORSE THAN DPH IS REPORTING.
Evans County Report:
- 0 COVID positives reported today. This includes 0 PCR positives and 0 rapid antigen positives.
- 29 total deaths which include 17 PCR positive and 12 rapid positive
- Evans County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is N/Aand the 7 day average of percent of positive tests is 0%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below). THESE ONLY INCLUDE PCR TEST – DPH DOES NOT INLCUDE ANITIGEN POSITIVES IN DAILY REPORT BY COUNTY. YOU SHOULD ASSUME THE NUMBERS ARE WORSE THAN DPH IS REPORTING.
Bulloch Schools, Colleges and University Report
Bulloch County Schools
Georgia Southern University
- Updated weekly on Monday. Click link below for totals:
East Georgia State College
- Updated daily/weekdays. Click link below for totals:
Ogeechee Technical College
- Updated weekly on Monday. Click link below for totals:
About This Report
DPH Definitions of Deaths
“Confirmed Deaths”: This number includes confirmed COVID-19 cases that were either reported to DPH as deceased by healthcare providers or medical examiners/coroners, identified by death certificates with COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death, or there is evidence that COVID-19 contributed to the individual’s death.
“Probable Deaths”: This number includes individuals who are antigen positive or individuals with compatible illness and known close contact to a case that were either reported to DPH as deceased by healthcare providers or medical examiners/coroners, identified by death certificates with COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death, or there is evidence that COVID contributed to the individual’s death OR individuals with a death certificate that has COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death and there is no laboratory evidence for SARS-CoV-2.
A special thanks to Dr. Frank Davis, M.D. F.A.C.S, a retired trauma surgeon who lives in Bulloch County. He has worked closely with the Grice Connect team to design the COVID-19 dashboard and provide brief interpretation of the data. You will be seeing and hearing more from Dr. Davis as he continues to help us monitor the COVID-19 impact locally.
Thanks for supporting and following Grice Connect.