Last updated on December 20, 2020
Friends, family and fans of Mrs. Alethia Lewis gathered today in Statesboro to say goodbye to Mrs. Alethia Lewis.
Presenters at the funeral service today included:
- Reverend Kenneth Griffin, Brannen Chapel United Methodist Church
- Stephanie Jackson, Brannen Chapel United Methodist Church
- Reverend Christopher Ramsey, District Superintendent Northeast District, South Georgia Conference
- Robin Holmes Lanier
- Jonathan McCollar, Mayor, City of Statesboro
- Delinda Gaskins, President of Bulloch County, NAACP
- Reverend James Woodall, President of the Georgia NAACP
- Reverend Jimmy Cason, Statesboro FUMC Retired Pastor
- Reverend Francys Johnson, Esq. Pastor, Mount Moriah and Magnolia Baptist Church’s
- Venus White, Family Friend
- Charlie Lewis, Jr. – son of Mrs. Lewis
- Mary Linda Nunnaly
- Reverend Donald Chavers
- Bishop James E. Swanson, Jr., Resident Bishop of the Mississippi Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Reverend Maurice Hill, Hill’s Mortuary, Inc.
Funeral Service Livestream
Grice Connect live streamed the funeral services commemorating the life of Mrs. Alethia Lewis at 12 noon on Saturday, December 19, 2020 at the Brannen Chapel United Methodist Church with the Rev. Kenneth Griffin, pastor, presiding and Bishop James E. Swanson, Sr. as eulogist. Interment followed at Bulloch Memorial Gardens.
Due to the length of the service and technical issues we have the feed in two posts below:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, services will be limited to immediate family and worship participants (ONLY).
Mrs. Alethia Lewis’ services may be viewed via live stream at our Facebook page at Hill’s Mortuary, Inc.
Floral tributes may be made through www.hillsmortuaryinc.com.
All other contributions may be made in honor of Mrs. Alethia M. Simmons Lewis to:
The Bulloch County Branch of the NAACP: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/BullochCountyNAACP or Bulloch County NAACP, P.O. Box 1323 Statesboro, GA 30459
Feed the Boro at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/FeedTheBoro
Final rites have been entrusted to Hill’s Mortuary, Inc