Harper Caroline Lewis represented Georgia Southern University (GS) and Robert Chase Kirkland represented East Georgia State College(EGSC) as USG honorees.
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia (USG) today honored students from each of the system’s 26 public colleges and universities during its annual Academic Recognition Day.
Each student best represents the system’s highest scholastic ideals, as selected by their individual institutions. These students have a high GPA, strive for excellence and have the ability to share knowledge in various areas of expertise.
Academic Recognition Day began 34 years ago as a celebration of Georgia students’ academic achievement. The honorees receive a resolution from the Georgia House of Representatives, along with a letter of commendation from USG Acting Chancellor Teresa MacCartney.
The 2022 honorees are as follows:
- Margaret Raines Evans – Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
- Christain Slacks – Albany State University
- Aaliyah L. Swaney – Atlanta Metropolitan State College
- Jared Avery Talman – Augusta University
- Jessica Luong Pheng – Clayton State University
- Lily Heidger – College of Coastal Georgia
- Jessica Demarco-Jacobson – Columbus State University
- Lupita Peralta – Dalton State College
- Robert Chase Kirkland – East Georgia State College (EGSC)
- Tamia R. Brown – Fort Valley State University
- Ellen E. Yeudall – Georgia College and State University
- Naiya Patel – Georgia Gwinnett College
- Michael Barber – Georgia Highlands College
- AnLi M. French – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Harper Caroline Lewis – Georgia Southern University (GS)
- Minh Phong Diep – Georgia Southwestern State University
- Veda Balaji – Georgia State University
- Emma Grace Mixon – Gordon State College
- Gillian Barnes – Kennesaw State University
- Alexander James Kahrmann – Middle Georgia State University
- Antoneisha Knighton – Savannah State University
- Payton Merritt – South Georgia State College
- Evan Venable – University of Georgia
- Katherine Torres – University of North Georgia
- Sarah Grace Rogers – University of West Georgia
- Vanessa Okojie – Valdosta State University
In her letter of commendation, Acting Chancellor MacCartney congratulated the honorees and said that their “outstanding academic achievements merit this well-deserved special recognition.”
“On behalf of the Board of Regents and the entire University System, I congratulate you on this recognition,” MacCartney said. “I wish you all the best as you move forward toward a truly successful life, whether in your career or in service to your community.”