Since the addition of Southwest Airlines, Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport has already seen a significant increase in daily traffic with travelers arriving from all over the country. Now that the holidays are upon us, the airport is anticipating very full flights and long lines at the security checkpoint with even more travelers making their way through the airport this bustling holiday season.
Passengers traveling during the Thanksgiving and the Christmas holidays should plan to arrive a minimum of two hours prior to departure and allow even more time for parking. This is especially important for early morning flights, as extra time may be needed to park, check baggage, and clear security.
Parking will be in high demand and airport staff will be on duty to direct traffic in parking areas and signs will be placed in areas that reach capacity. Long/Term Hourly rates are $12.00 per day and Economy rates are $8.00 per day. Value Lot rates are $5 per day. In addition, Valet parking is available for $20.00 per day. SAV will also offer holiday shuttle services from the overflow lots to passengers.
Here are a few additional tips for a better travel experience:
- Check with airline websites for the most up-to-date flight info.
- Arrive two to three hours prior to your flight departure time.
- Use @AskTSA for security questions.
- Leave gifts unwrapped for security screening.
- Do not pack medication or valuables in checked luggage.
- Place identification tags on the outside and inside of all checked luggage.
- When meeting arriving passengers, meeters and greeters are encouraged to use the Airport Cell Phone Lot. When your party arrives and has picked up their baggage from baggage claim, they can call to be picked up curbside.
- Airports are still under a federal mask mandate. Passengers, two years and older, must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- TSA allows up to 12 ounces of hand sanitizer in carry-on luggage. Containers are required to be screened separately.
- Pack snacks. Many shops and restaurants at airports are still limited on operational hours and some shops and restaurants may be closed even when flights are operating.
- Pack smart! Prepare for security and make sure that there are no prohibited items in baggage.
- The curbside is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers; curbside parking is not allowed, regardless of whether the vehicle is attended or not. Please remember vehicles left unattended may be towed, while vehicles parked, and waiting may be subject to citation.
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) is served by ten airlines and currently offers over thirty nonstop destinations.
To learn more about SAV, visit us at flySAV.com