Grice Connect has worked with the funeral homes in Statesboro to provide you with the most updated and comprehensive list of obituaries. Obituaries are added to our page shortly after they shared on the funeral home.
Click on the individuals name to take you to the full obituary. If you sign up for our daily emails, you will receive a daily update of obituaries every morning at 6 am.
Joiner-Anderson Funeral Home and Crematory
- Reverend Robert Elsie Black of Brooklet Georgia passed away at 1:00 p.m. December 3, 2021 with his family by his side, at the age of eighty-nine. He is preceded in death by his father William ELL Black, mother Gertrude Black and wife Joan Copeland Black of 59 years and 12 siblings. He leaves behind his […]
- Stilson, Georgia Mrs. Ashley Nicole Shiver Blitch, age 32, died Wednesday December 1, 2021, from injuries sustained in a vehicle accident. She was born and raised in Savannah, Georgia and graduated from Southeast Bulloch High School in 2008. Ashley then attended Brenau University for several years. Later she worked as a personal trainer, until becoming […]
- Statesboro, Georgia Mr. Joe Martin Newsome, age 89, died Tuesday November 30, 2021, at his residence under the care of Ogeechee Area Hospice. The Portal, Georgia native was a 1949 graduate of Portal High School. Joe joined the U.S. Air Force in 1951 and served until his honorable discharge in 1954. Joe returned home and […]
- Melinda W. Gibbs, age 73, died Monday, November 29, 2021, at Ogeechee Area Hospice. Melinda was born Metter, Georgia and was the daughter of the late Heyward and Alma Davis Wilson. She was a native of Bulloch County and graduated from Marvin Pittman and attended Georgia Southern. In 1966 she married David Gibbs and moved […]
- Statesboro, Georgia Mrs. Ilse N. Scarboro “Nicky”, age 90, died Monday November 29, 2021, at Ogeechee Area Hospice Inpatient facility in Statesboro. The Keil, Germany native married Richard Scarboro in 1960. Following Richard’s retirement from the U.S. Air Force they moved to his home of Bulloch County. Nicky was a homemaker and had taught watercolor […]
Deal’s Funeral Directors
- Mrs. Dollie Bell Glisson Dyches entered into rest on November 30, 2021 while under the compassionate care of Ogeechee Area Hospice and surrounded by her loving family. Dollie was born on August 31, 1945 to Lawton Glisson and Sula Bunch Glisson in Bulloch County and remained in Bulloch County her entire life. Most of her […]
- Eleanor R. Hutchinson, 84, passed away peacefully Wednesday, November 24th after a short illness. She was being cared for by the wonderful staff at Statesboro Ogeechee Area Hospice. Mrs. Eleanor was born May 13, 1937 in Winnabow, NC to Thomas E. Rabon and Flora Mae Rabon. She was preceded in death by her husband of […]
- Ronnie D. Blizzard – Statesboro, GA Ronnie D. Blizzard, 67, entered the kingdom of heaven Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at Savannah Memorial, Savannah, GA. He is preceded in death by his mother Margaret Quarles and his father Harvey Quarles. Ronnie worked hard as a textile operator for most of his career and served as a […]
- Statesboro, GA Mr. James Harold “Shorty” Hagan, age 87, passed away Wednesday at his residence. He was a native and longtime resident of Bulloch County and grew up working on his family’s farm. Shorty worked as a machinist at ITT and retired after thirty years of service. He loved doing crossword puzzles, seek a word, […]
- On November 13, 2021, Lloyd Inman Hodges, Sr. went peacefully to be with his Lord and Savior while at his home and surrounded by his family. Inman was born in Statesboro, GA on June 27, 1931 to Loyd Thomas and Lillie Belle Hodges. After graduating from Statesboro High School, he attended Georgia Military College in […]
James R. Barnes Mortuary
- View The Obituary For Brian Easterling. Please join us in Loving, Sharing and Memorializing Brian Easterling on this permanent online memorial presented by James R. Barnes Mortuary.
- View The Obituary For Thurman Jalawrence Treyvon Bacon. Please join us in Loving, Sharing and Memorializing Thurman Jalawrence Treyvon Bacon on this permanent online memorial presented by James R. Barnes Mortuary.
- View The Obituary For Louella Wilson Brinson. Please join us in Loving, Sharing and Memorializing Louella Wilson Brinson on this permanent online memorial presented by James R. Barnes Mortuary.
- View The Obituary For John Albert West. Please join us in Loving, Sharing and Memorializing John Albert West on this permanent online memorial presented by James R. Barnes Mortuary.
- View The Obituary For Taleena Mikell. Please join us in Loving, Sharing and Memorializing Taleena Mikell on this permanent online memorial presented by James R. Barnes Mortuary.
- Claxton , GA Mrs. Euncie Hilton, age 98, passed peacefully into rest, Wednesday December 1, 2021 at the Camilla Health and Rehabilitation Center, Claxton, Georgia. She is survived by her loving children, grandchildren, family and friends. Final rites have been entrusted to Hill's Mortuary, Inc.
- Statesboro, GA Ms. Cornysha Mijia Joyce Hill, age 20, passed into rest, Tuesday, November 30, 2021 from injuries received in an automobile accident. She was a Bulloch County native. Final rites have been entrusted to Hill's Mortuary, Inc.
- Savannah, Georgia Mrs. Cora Lee Howard Larry, passed into rest, Tuesday November 30, 2021 at her residence. The native of Bulloch County, Georgia resided in Savannah many years and was the daughter of the late Leroy and Lizzie Hill Morrell. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by her husband, Joseph Larry, […]
- Lithonia, Georgia Mr. Enrico Jackson, age 43, departed this life, Friday November 26, 2021. He received his early childhood education in the Bulloch County School System before moving to Lithonia and was a graduate of Lithonia High School. As a child Enrico was baptized and learned to love the Lord. He had a love for […]
- Statesboro, Georgia The Reverend John Wesley Hunter, Sr., age 64, departed this life Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at the East Georgia Regional Medical Center. John W. Hunter Sr. was born on June 2, 1957 to Virginia Hunter McCrae and the late Eddie Wright in Sylvania Georgia. He was a graduate of Brewton Parker College, where […]
Craig R Tremble Funeral Home
- With sadness and compassion, Craig R. Tremble Funeral Homes, Inc, Pembroke Chapel, along with the family, announce the passing of Ms. Elizabeth Smith. Ms. Elizabeth (Liz) Smith, age 60, of Bryan County, passed peacefully on Sunday, November 21, 2021 at her daughter residence in Richmond Hill, GA., under the care of Savannah Hospice. She was […]
- Mrs. Delphine Evans, age 59, of Pembroke, GA. passed peacefully on Saturday, November 27, 2021 at her residence. She was a Bryan County Native and a 1980 graduate of Southeast Bulloch High School. She was employed with the University Of Georgia Skidaway Campus of Savannah, GA.She attended the Beautiful Zion Baptist Church of Pembroke, GA. […]
- Mr. Dennis (Chad) Lester, age 45, of Mcdonough, GA. passed on Tuesday November 23rd in Atlanta, GA. He was a Bulloch County Native but resided in Henry County. He was a graduate of Statesboro High School class of 1995. He was a Proud Veteran of the United States Army having served in the Global War […]
- Mr. Josell Moore Sr, age 85, passed peacefully on Friday, November 26, 2021 at East Georgia Regional Medical Center after an extended illness. He was a Bulloch County native but resided in Ludowici, GA. He was a former employee of HA Sack Company of Statesboro, GA. until he became disable. He served as a deacon […]
- Mrs. Pinkie Bell Rich Mikell age 85 of Statesboro, Ga. passed peacefully on Saturday morning at her residence under the care of Ogeechee Area Hospice. She was a Bulloch County native and a member of the Harmony Missionary Baptist Church where she served faithfully as mother of the church. She is survived by her children, […]