Organization Recognizes Awardees through its “Kindness Campaign”
Squash the Spread, a group of concerned citizens organized to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Statesboro and Bulloch County, announced the September recipients of its Kindness Campaign awards. The Kindness Campaign is designed to recognize businesses and other organizations in Statesboro and Bulloch County that are actively working to promote preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Awardees are nominated by community members who complete a short form on the Squash the Spread website at www.squashthespread.com.
For the month of September 2021, Squash the Spread recognized the following businesses:
- Pladd Dot Music–For mask usage and providing virtual music lessons
- Southern Chiropractic & Wellness Center–For continuing to require masks by patients, cleaning and sanitizing patient rooms between each patient, cleaning and sanitizing the waiting area multiple times a day, staff wearing masks, temperature checks and COVID questions asked with each patient
- Howard Family Dental–For requesting all patients to wear masks in common areas to prevent the spread of Covid-19
- Chick-Fil-A–For recognizing the need to protect their employees and the community by closing the inside dining area and offering only curbside and drive through options
- Nonna Picci Wood Fired Pizza–For servers wearing masks even when serving diners outdoors
“We are delighted to congratulate these award recipients who join the ranks of local champions being kind and helping to squash the spread of COVID-19 in our community”Statesboro City Councilwoman Shari Barr
For more information about the Kindness Campaign, please contact Jill Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org.