Organization Recognizes Awardees for Squashing the Spread through its “Kindness Campaign”
Squash the Spread, a group of concerned citizens organized to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Statesboro and Bulloch County, announced the August recipients of its Kindness Campaign awards.
The Kindness Campaign is designed to recognize businesses and other organizations in Statesboro and Bulloch County that are actively working to promote preventive measures & squashing the spread of COVID-19.
Awardees are nominated by community members who complete a short form on the Squash the Spread website at www.squashthespread.com.
For the month of August 2021, Squash the Spread recognized the following businesses:
- Bulloch Pediatrics/Dr. Austin Whitlock–For creating safe office practices such as mask-wearing, breaking the day in halves to serve sick and well patients at separate times, taking temperatures at the door, and using social media to promote vaccination
- First Presbyterian Church–For implementing careful reopening plans that include all staff in the nursery wearing masks
- Open Hearts Community Mission–For ensuring that all volunteers are vaccinated and providing vaccine education to guests
- Statesboro-Bulloch Chamber of Commerce Health Industry Committee–For hosting a vaccination pop-up at the Back-to-School Bash
- Two Guys Beverage–For strongly encouraging masks for entry, providing disposable masks for customers, and posting a hand sanitizer station at the entrance
“We are delighted to congratulate these award recipients who join the ranks of local champions being kind and helping to squash the spread of COVID-19 in our community,” says Statesboro City Councilwoman Shari Barr.