East Georgia State‘s president left for retirement last fall, throwing the school into a search for their new president. The University System of Georgia named the 13 committee members responsible for the search and screening of candidates.
The Presidential Search and Screen Committee and will guide the first stage of the search. Members are as follows:
- Courtney Joiner, M.A., search committee chair, associate professor of History; School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Da’Mon Andrews, Ed.D., associate professor of Mathematics and Department Chair, School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Tom Caiazzo, Ph.D., professor of Political Science, School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Laura Chambers, instructor of English, Statesboro Campus and president, EGSC Faculty Senate
- Precious Coleman, president of EGSC Student Government Association
- Matt Donaldson, president, EGSC Alumni Association; mayor, City of Twin City; vice president, Durden Banking Company Inc.
- Amanda Douglas, senior secretary to Math and Science Division and chair of EGSC Staff Council
- Kristin Hall, Emanuel County Superior Court Clerk
- Jaehyuk Lee, Ph.D., assistant professor of Economics; School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Richard M. McNeely, chairman, EGSC Board of Trustees
- Georgia Mathews-Beasley, director of Student Retention
- Sanjay Narsee, tutor and Student Ambassador, EGSC
- Mina Vora, professor of Mathematics and Statistics, School of Mathematics and Science
The duties of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee include the development of a position description, recruiting candidates and conducting interviews. The search firm of Myers McRae has been engaged to assist in the East Georgia president search committee.
At the conclusion of its work, the campus committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to the Regents Special Committee for consideration.
The Regents Special Committee will be chaired by Regent C. Everett Kennedy III, with members including Board Chairman Sachin Shailendra, Regent W. Allen Gudenrath, Regent Cade Joiner, Regent Lowery Houston May and Regent Don L. Waters.
“EGSC plays an important role for our communities and I’m excited to start the work that will find the best candidate for the college to continue helping students achieve their degrees and succeed,” Kennedy said. “On behalf of the college’s many supporters and stakeholders, I’m especially grateful to members of the campus committee who I know will be diligent in their work for the benefit of EGSC’s students, faculty, staff and alumni.”
The initial meeting of the Presidential Search Committee will be June 22, 2021, at East Georgia State College, at which time the members will be formally charged with their roles and responsibilities in conducting the search.