Bulloch County Schools will conduct its winter iReady testing over the next three weeks for all virtual and on-campus learners in grades K-8. Families with virtual learners need to register their children to attend two proctored iReady sessions for Reading and Mathematics. Use this online form to choose two sessions per child.
Please remember that participation in state and district required assessments, like iReady, is an expectation for participation in Bulloch County Schools’ Virtual Learning Program. Also, all assessments are to be taken without unauthorized assistance, so to ensure iReady results are valid, iReady must be proctored by school district faculty.
The iReady results give teachers a true, accurate depiction of where a child is academically and what supports need to be implemented. The online form will ask virtual parents to choose their child’s school, which will then direct them to a list of available session times from which to choose. Late afternoon and Saturday appointment times are available. If a school is unable to accommodate a convenient time, virtual parents may also sign up for a testing time at the school district’s Central Office (150 Williams Road, Statesboro).
- Choose two sessions for each child.
- You will receive a confirmation email with specific directions for the day of testing at your site.
- If you have more than one child in grades K-8, please complete a survey for each child in order to schedule all of your appointments.
- Testing sessions usually take 60 to 90 minutes to complete.
- Each testing site will take public health precautions:
- All faculty testing proctors will wear masks.
- All faculty testing proctors and students must conduct a self-health check prior to coming to campus, be free of any COVID-19 symptoms, not be under a current isolation or quarantine, and not be awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
- Students are strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- Social distance will be maintained during testing.
- Virtual and on-campus learners will not test together in the same room at the same time. A separate testing area is being made available for virtual learners while they are on campus. Evening and weekend appointment times are available.
- To ensure a safe and equitable testing area for all students, the testing area will only be open to students and faculty proctors.
- All faculty proctors and students will sanitize their hands upon entering the testing areas and after any breaks. Proper supplies are provided.
- All computer testing materials will be sanitized thoroughly before and after each use.
Bulloch County Schools, like parents, want to ensure children are on track academically for their age, and provide any additional individual services and support to remediate or accelerate learning. The school district uses iReady three times each year with all K-8 students to give classroom teachers important insight about where children are academically so they can better meet individual learning needs.
Different from standardized tests that come at the end of an academic year, iReady provides immediate diagnostics for your child’s teacher(s).
There are currently 1,262 children in our virtual learning program for grades K-8 across our 13 elementary and middle schools, and we have multiple testing sessions to help ensure social distancing. If families have any additional questions, please contact your child’s school. For requests to change a scheduled appointment time or location for a virtual learner, please contact Carole Colson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 912.212.8562.