CITY OF STATESBORO, GEORGIA CITY COUNCIL MEETING &
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
October 06, 2020 9:00 am
- Call to Order by Mayor Jonathan McCollar
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance by Councilmember Venus Mack
- Recognitions/Public Presentations
A) Proclamation for Georgia Cities Week
- Public Comments (Agenda Item):
- Consideration of a Motion to approve the Consent Agenda
A) Approval of Minutes
a) 09-15-2020 Work Session Minutes
b) 09-15-2020 Council Minutes
- Public Hearing and First reading of Ordinance 2020-07: An Ordinance creating Chapter
80: Non Discrimination and Equity.
- Public Hearing and First reading of Ordinance 2020-09: An Ordinance amending
Chapter 2 Article II Division 3 sections regarding the Commission on Diversity and
Inclusion renaming to One Boro Commission and grant scope of authority relating to
workplace development currently held by Works Commission and violence prevention as
well as referencing duties created under Chapter 80.
- Public Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance 2020-10: An Ordinance amending
Chapter 58 section 9 to require public hearings before renaming of existing roads by
Mayor and Council.
- Public Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance 2020-11: An Ordinance amending
Chapter 6 section 17(d) to allow the City Manager or designee to review and approve
applications for open container exemptions.
- Consideration of a motion to approve the Portfolio V Supplemental Contract and First
Amendment to amend the Gas Supply Contract between the City of Statesboro and the
Municipal Gas Authority of Georgia.
- Consideration of a motion to award a contract to Resource + Land Consultants to provide
environmental consulting services for the 2019 Community Development Block Grant
(CDBG) project. Funding is provided by Community Development Block Grant and
- Other Business from City Council
- City Managers Comments
- Public Comments (General)
A) Annie Bellinger requests to speak about code enforcement on properties in the city.
- Consideration of a Motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss ” “Real Estate” and
“Potential Litigation” in accordance with O.C.G.A 50-14-3(b)
- Consideration of a Motion to Adjourn