- Kemp, Toomey Urge Georgians to Get Tested Following Labor Day Weekend
- “Testing is a key component in our fight to stop COVID-19,” said DPH Commissioner Dr. Kathleen Toomey. “Governor Kemp and I are asking all Georgians who may be at risk of exposure to the virus after Labor Day to schedule a test at one of our testing sites throughout the state. I would also recommend that all Georgians go ahead and schedule a flu shot. These two steps can mitigate community spread and keep Georgians healthy as we continue on a positive trajectory with the virus.”
- ‘Astonishingly risky’: COVID-19 cases at colleges are fueling the nation’s hottest outbreaks – USA Today
- Statesboro #12 in United States – NYT – Where the Outbreak Is Worst Now
- RED ZONE – Statesboro, Bulloch, Candler and Evans – White House Coronavirus Task Force Georgia Reports August 23, 30 & September 6th
- Targets to get COVID-19 under control
- The White House COVID Task Force calls for sustained positivity rates of 5% or less and positive case rate less than 100 per 100,000
Georgia Southern Weekly Report:
- Bulloch County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 885 and percent of positive tests is 22.0%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 2,643 Total confirmed cases and 24 deaths total reported here with 126 hospitalizations total. Up 41 confirmed since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 21 COVID-19 positive patients today. (May or may not be Bulloch County residents) 6 COVID-19 patients on vents. EGRMC has 17 total vents. However, this is reporting only COVID-19 patients on vents. It is unknown how many actual vents are in use at this time.
- Bulloch EMS received notice of 117 confirmed COVID-19 positive and 110 probable patients transported to date
Bulloch Schools, Colleges and University Report
- Bulloch Schools total since reporting began on August 17 as of September 11, 2020
- 64 total known positive COVID-19 cases reported
- 6 week ending August 21
- 23 week ending August 28
- 21 week ending September 5
- 12 week ending September 11
- 566 Quarantines – Total students and employees quarantined for 14 days as a precaution due to close contact with these confirmed positive COVID-19 cases
- 84 week ending August 21
- 284 week ending August 28
- 97 week ending September 5
- 101 week ending September 11
- 1 Clusters – Total COVID-19 Clusters
- 64 total known positive COVID-19 cases reported
- Georgia Southern COVID-19 since reporting began on August 17 total cases for Statesboro
- 899 Total Statesboro Campus Since August 17th
- 61 week ending 8/23
- 487 week ending 8/30
- 351 week ending 9/6
- Ogeechee Technical College COVID-19 since reporting began on August 17
- 18 total Statesboro Campus since August 17th
- 0 week ending 8/23
- 6 week ending 8/30
- 12 week ending 9/6
- East Georgia State College since reporting began on August 17
- 28 total Statesboro Campus since June
- 2 from June
- 0 from July
- 13 from August
- 4 from September through 9/4
- Evans County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 346 and percent of positive tests is 14.9%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 401 Total confirmed cases and 5 deaths total reported with 30 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 1 confirmed cases, increase of 0 hospitalization and 0 deaths from yesterday)
- Evans COVID-19 deaths:
- 59 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 62 year old, white male with comorbidity
- 67 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 75 year old, African American female with no comorbidity
- 76 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- Candler County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 461 and percent of positive tests is 19.4%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 398 total confirmed cases and 16 deaths total reported with 22 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 1 confirmed cases, an increase of 0 hospitalizations and an increase of 0 deaths from yesterday)
Candler’s COVID-19 deaths
BULLOCH COUNTY TOTAL COVID-19 DEATHS
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY 9/11/20 COVID-19 REPORT:
|FACILITY||# RES.||POS RES.||COVID DEATHS||RES. TESTED||RECOVER||POS. STAFF|
The Georgia Tech COVID-19 risk assessment planning tool shows the risk level of attending an event in any county in America, given the event size and location (assuming 10:1 ascertainment bias). The risk level is the estimated chance (0-100%) that at least 1 COVID-19 positive individual will be present at an event in a county, given the size of the event. Choose an event size. Use the drop-down menu to choose a county you would like to zoom in on.
Grice Connect COVID-19 Dashboard
A special thanks to Dr. Frank Davis, M.D. F.A.C.S, a retired trauma surgeon who lives in Bulloch County. He has worked closely with the Grice Connect team to design the COVID-19 dashboard and provide brief interpretation of the data. You will be seeing and hearing more from Dr. Davis as he continues to help us monitor the COVID-19 impact locally.
We also want to thank Sean Davis and his team at Glenn Davis Insurers and Auto Owners Insurers for stepping up to sponsor this massive effort daily. They understand the importance of providing the best local data possible so their clients, family and friends can navigate this continuing crisis.
Thanks for supporting and following Grice Connect.