The City of Statesboro and Bulloch County have partnered with East Georgia Healthcare Center (EGHC) to provide free COVID-19 testing. The partnership is part of an ongoing effort to increase testing capacity in Bulloch County.
Testing is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at Luetta Moore Park located at 121 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Statesboro, GA 30458. Currently, the Bulloch County Health Department does not offer testing on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However, through this strategic partnership, Bulloch County residents and residents from surrounding counties will now have access to COVID-19 testing 6 days a week.
- EGHC offers free COVID-19 testing at Luetta Moore Park
- Statesboro at #7 on NYT Where Outbreak is Worst
- Targets to get COVID-19 under control
- The White House COVID Task Force calls for sustained positivity rates of 5% or less and positive case rate less than 100 per 100,000
- Bulloch County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 697 and percent of positive tests is 20.1%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 2,699 Total confirmed cases and 24 deaths total reported here with 126 hospitalizations total. Up 31 confirmed since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 22 COVID-19 positive patients today. (May or may not be Bulloch County residents) 9 COVID-19 patients on vents. EGRMC has 17 total vents. However, this is reporting only COVID-19 patients on vents. It is unknown how many actual vents are in use at this time.
- Bulloch EMS received notice of 119 confirmed COVID-19 positive and 114 probable patients transported to date.
- Bulloch Schools total since reporting began on August 17 as of September 15, 2020
- 73 total known positive COVID-19 cases reported
- 6 week ending August 21
- 23 week ending August 28
- 21 week ending September 5
- 15 week ending September 11
- 8 week ending in September 18
- 638 Quarantines – Total students and employees quarantined for 14 days as a precaution due to close contact with these confirmed positive COVID-19 cases
- 84 week ending August 21
- 284 week ending August 28
- 97 week ending September 5
- 102 week ending September 11
- 71 week ending September 18
- 1 Clusters – Total COVID-19 Clusters
- 73 total known positive COVID-19 cases reported
- Georgia Southern COVID-19 since reporting began on August 17 total cases for Statesboro
- 989 Total Statesboro Campus Since August 17th
- 61 week ending 8/23
- 487 week ending 8/30
- 351 week ending 9/6
- 90 week ending 9/13
- Ogeechee Technical College COVID-19 since reporting began on August 17
- 24 total Statesboro Campus since August 17th
- 0 week ending 8/23
- 6 week ending 8/30
- 12 week ending 9/6
- 6 week ending 9/13
- East Georgia State College since reporting began on August 17
- 28 total Statesboro Campus since June
- 2 from June
- 0 from July
- 13 from August
- 4 from September through 9/4
- 8 from week ending 9/13
- 1 from week ending 9/18
Evans County Report:
- Evans County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 299 and percent of positive tests is 14.0%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 407 Total confirmed cases and 5 deaths total reported with 30 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 1 confirmed cases, increase of 0 hospitalization and 0 deaths from yesterday)
- Evans COVID-19 deaths:
- 59 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 62 year old, white male with comorbidity
- 67 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 75 year old, African American female with no comorbidity
- 76 year old, African American male with comorbidity
Candler County Report:
- Candler County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 452 and percent of positive tests is 19.8%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 406 total confirmed cases and 16 deaths total reported with 26 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 2 confirmed cases, an increase of 1 hospitalizations and an increase of 0 deaths from yesterday)
The Georgia Tech COVID-19 risk assessment planning tool shows the risk level of attending an event in any county in America, given the event size and location (assuming 10:1 ascertainment bias). The risk level is the estimated chance (0-100%) that at least 1 COVID-19 positive individual will be present at an event in a county, given the size of the event. Choose an event size. Use the drop-down menu to choose a county you would like to zoom in on.
About This Report
A special thanks to Dr. Frank Davis, M.D. F.A.C.S, a retired trauma surgeon
who lives in Bulloch County. He has worked closely with the Grice Connect team
to design the COVID-19 dashboard and provide brief interpretation of the data.
You will be seeing and hearing more from Dr. Davis as he continues to help us
monitor the COVID-19 impact locally.
We also want to thank Sean Davis and his team at Glenn Davis Insurers and
Auto Owners Insurers for stepping up to sponsor this massive effort daily. They
understand the importance of providing the best local data possible so their
clients, family and friends can navigate this continuing crisis.
Thanks for supporting and following Grice