- Bulloch County reported the 18th COVID-18 death today, a 89 year old white male with no comorbidity
- COVID-19 is now the third leading cause of death in the US, killing more Americans than Alzheimer’s disease, accidents, and diabetes. According to the CDC, coronavirus related deaths trailed only heart disease and cancer.
- 1,416 Total confirmed cases and 18 deaths total reported here with 99 hospitalizations total. Up 1 confirmed since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 11 COVID-19 positive patients today. (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents) 6 COVID-19 patients on vents. EGRMC has 17 total vents. However, this is reporting only COVID-19 patients on vents. It is unknown how many actual vents are in use at this time.
- Bulloch EMS received notice of 79 Confirmed COVID-19 positive and 91 probable patients transported to date.
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY 8/17/20 COVID-19 REPORT:
|FACILITY||# RES.||POS RES.||COVID DEATHS||RES. TESTED||RECOVER||POS. STAFF|
BULLOCH COUNTY TOTAL COVID-19 DEATHS
- 322 Total confirmed cases and 3 deaths total reported with 20 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 3 confirmed cases and increase of 0 hospitalizations and 0 deaths from yesterday)
- Evans COVID-19 deaths:
- 59 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 62 year old, white male with comorbidity
- 76 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 284 total confirmed cases and 9 deaths total reported with 10 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 2 confirmed cases and an increase of 0 deaths from yesterday)
- Candler’s COVID-19 deaths
Order AGE SEX COUNTY RACE COMORBIDITY 4 46 Female Candler White Yes 2 56 Female Candler Black Yes 8 61 Male Candler White No 6 64 Female Candler Black No 5 68 Male Candler White No 1 73 Female Candler White No 7 75 Female Candler White No 9 83 Female Candler Black 3 86 Male Candler White Yes
Exceeding hospital bed and staff capacity is why leaders continue calling for citizens to wear a mask, social distance, wash hands and avoid crowds to slow the spread and not overwhelm our hospital.
The Georgia Tech COVID-19 risk assessment planning tool shows the risk level of attending an event in any county in America, given the event size and location (assuming 10:1 ascertainment bias). The risk level is the estimated chance (0-100%) that at least 1 COVID-19 positive individual will be present at an event in a county, given the size of the event. Choose an event size. Use the drop-down menu to choose a county you would like to zoom in on.
Note: The graphs depict total tests and not the number of persons tested. Some individuals may be tested multiple times.
Weekly Testing Numbers
The following graph depicts the number of specimens collected for testing by the Southeast Health District each week. Tests are also performed by private physicians, hospitals, federally qualified health centers, urgent care centers, among others so this number is not a comprehensive total of all testing done in our area.