546 Total confirmed cases and 4 deaths total reported here with 40 hospitalizations total. Up 14 confirmed cases since yesterday, with 18 currently at EGRMC. This is a substantial number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized.
We have included in today’s report Savannah and Brunswick’s COVID-19 hospitalization numbers. These hospitals are in our Regional Coordinating Hospital District, which is region J. We are also including the Georgia Emergency Management (GEMA) daily status report. GEMA is the agency monitoring bed capacity statewide. In today’s report, you will see that in our region J there are only 22 critical beds available and 508 statewide. 82% of all critical beds in Georgia are in use currently and 83% of all general inpatient beds are in use.
Local, regional and statewide hospital leaders are worried about meeting COVID-19 demand. That is why they continue to stress the importance of wearing a face covering, social distance, washing hands and avoiding crowds to slow the spread and not overwhelm our hospital. EGRMC has 24 ICU beds and 17 vents currently. The ICU bed count does not include step down beds. They can expand to more critical beds if needed with some modifications.
Georgia Health News is reporting that hospitals across Georgia and the nation are seeing a rapid rise in COVID-19 cases. Georgia health care leaders are worried about capacity, supply and staffing issues in keeping up with the growing demand. Read the full story here.
Bulloch County Status as of 7/8/2020 3:00pm:
- Total to date: (546 Total confirmed cases and 4 deaths total reported here with 40 hospitalizations total.) Up 14 confirmed cases since yesterday, with a substantial increase in hospitalizations. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 18 COVID-19 positive patients today (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents) 4 total ventilators in use, 3 COVID-19 on vents.
- EMS received notice of 2 confirmed COVID-19 positive patients transported recently. To Date: 38 probable and 31 confirmed transports by EMS.
- SPOC open today located at local health department. Call 855-473-4374 for an appointment.
- EMA/Resource request made for law enforcement assistance from State at local SPOC. Local law enforcement working to resolve.
- EMA picked up 10k masks for public today in Macon.Bulloch County Daily COVID-19 Update – July 8, 2020Bulloch County Daily COVID-19 Update – July 8, 2020
- EMA working on resource request from local NH for staffing support.
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY 7/08/20 COVID-19 REPORT:
|FACILITY||# OF RESIDENTS||# COVID POSITVE RESIDENT||# COVID DEATHS||#
|#COVID POSITIVE STAFF|
BULLOCH COUNTY TOTAL covid-19 dEATHS:
Special thanks to today’s sponsor Glenn Davis and Associates Insurance Agency. They care about you, your family and your business. Call them at 912-489-3716 and let them make sure you have the best insurance plans available for these uncertain times. They are an independent, full service Statesboro insurance agency that represents some of the best companies in the industry, including Auto-Owners Insurance.