Update/COVID-19 (465 confirmed COVID-19 positive Bulloch residents) Up 54 in 24 hours.
Bulloch County is currently in the Category of “Substantial Spread”.
Below is the criteria recognized by DPH.
- Substantial Spread: greater than 100 cases per 100,000 county residents
- Minimal/Moderate Spread: 6-100 cases per 100,000 county residents
- No/Low Spread: 1-5 cases per 100,000 county residents
Bulloch County Commission Chairman Roy Thompson was the guest for Statesboro’s Eagle 94.9 East Georgia Morning Show with Bryan Steele and Travis Bilger this morning. He strongly encouraged all Bulloch County citizens and visitors to join him in wearing a mask. Thompson also shared information about the TMT Farms Christmas in July “mini” Christmas lights drive through. The light show begins Monday, July 6th and runs for one week ending on Sunday, July 12th. The purpose of this is to help lift the communities spirits and to replenish the local food banks. For admission, bring all of the non-perishable food you can. TMT Farms is owned by Chairman Thompson and his family.
Tomorrow is the 4th of July, please be vigilant and stay safe. If you are not feeling well, stay home. Avoid crowds where social distancing is difficult and stay outdoors as much as possible. As the numbers show, younger people are catching COVID-19, and many are getting sicker with the virus. EGRMC is caring for the largest number of Coronavirus patients to date. Let us all do our part and tamp down the spread of the virus and not overwhelm our local health care providers.
Important: If you receive a call concerning contact tracing, please cooperate with the tracer. To not do so puts others’ lives and health in jeopardy.
Remember the 3 W’s:
- Watch you distance. Keep 6-feet away from someone who is not a part of your household
- Wear a facemask
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
Bulloch County Status as of 7/3/2020 3:00pm:
- Total to date: (465 Total confirmed cases and 4 deaths total reported here with 37 hospitalizations total.) Up 54 confirmed cases since yesterday, with a substantial increase in hospitalizations. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- City Hall remains closed due to employee testing positive with COVID-19.
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 14 COVID-19 positive patients today (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents) 9 patients on ventilator 7 of which are COVID-19 positive patients.
- BOE serving 5600 meals daily through July 17. Bulloch VOAD working to fill 17-day period meals will be unavailable.
- EMS has transported 1 COVID-19 positive patients in last 24 hours. To Date: 32 probable and 23 confirmed transports by EMS. Up 1 confirmed.
- SPOC is located at local health department. Call 855-473-4374 for an appointment.
- EMA picking up 10,000 masks next week.
- Bulloch VOAD working with vulnerable individuals impacted by COVID-19
- To date EMA has facilitated 40 resource requests with 39 completed as of today.
Note: While testing numbers have increased, we should realize the cases are there whether we test or not. Follow the guidance below and let’s slow the spread in Bulloch. We must take this seriously.
The local SPOC/Specimen Point of Collection site is located at the local health department located at 1 W Altman Street in Statesboro. If you would like to be tested for free, please call 855-473-4374 for an appointment at the new site.
Statewide COVID-19/Confirmed Hotline: (844) 442-2681
Information above provided by:
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG TERM CARE REPORT FROM DCH (7/02/20)
DPH EXPLAINS DIFFERENCE IN NUMBERS OF DAILY DEATHS FROM NURSING HOMES AND THE COMMUNITY IS CAUSED BY A LAG IN DATA ENTRY.
|FACILITY||# OF RESIDENTS||# COVID POSITVE RESIDENT||# COVID DEATHS||#COVID POSITIVE STAFF|
BULLOCH COUNTY DEATH STATISTICS:
Special thanks to today’s sponsor Glenn Davis and Associates Insurance Agency. They care about you, your family and your business. Call them at 912-489-3716 and let them make sure you have the best insurance plans available for these uncertain times. They are an independent, full service Statesboro insurance agency that represents some of the best companies in the industry, including Auto-Owners Insurance.