Update/COVID-19 (411 confirmed COVID-19 positive Bulloch residents) Up 20 in 24 hours.
Bulloch County is currently in the Category of “Substantial Spread”.
Below is the criteria recognized by DPH.
- Substantial Spread: greater than 100 cases per 100,000 county residents
- Minimal/Moderate Spread: 6-100 cases per 100,000 county residents
- No/Low Spread: 1-5 cases per 100,000 county residents
As we enter the 4th of July holiday weekend, please be vigilant and stay safe. If you are not feeling well, stay home. Avoid crowds where social distancing is difficult and stay outdoors as much as possible. As the numbers show, younger people are catching COVID-19, and many are getting sicker with the virus. EGRMC is caring for the largest number of Coronavirus patients to date. Let us all do our part and tamp down the spread of the virus and not overwhelm our local health care providers. Remember the 3 W’s:
- Watch you distance. Keep 6-feet away from someone who is not a part of your household
- Wear a facemask
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
Bulloch County Status as of 7/2/2020 3:00pm:
- Total to date: (411 Total confirmed cases and 4 deaths total reported here with 31 hospitalizations total.) Up 20 confirmed cases since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- EGRMC releases statement soliciting communities help in fighting spread of COVID-19
- City Hall closed due to employee testing positive with COVID-19.
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 15 COVID-19 positive patients today (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents) Highest number to date.
- BOE serving 5600 meals daily through July 17. Bulloch VOAD working to fill 17-day period meals will be unavailable.
- EMS has transported 0 COVID-19 positive patients in last 24 hours. To Date: 32 probable and 22 confirmed transports by EMS. Up 5 confirmed.
- SPOC closed today at local health department. Opens Monday. Call 855-473-4374 for an appointment.
- EMA received confirmation of additional 10k masks for local distribution. (will pick up next week at Macon Farmers Market)
- Bulloch VOAD working with vulnerable individuals impacted by COVID-19
- To date EMA has facilitated 40 resource requests with 39 completed as of today.
Note: While testing numbers have increased, we should realize the cases are there whether we test or not. Follow the guidance below and let’s slow the spread in Bulloch. We must take this seriously.
The local SPOC/Specimen Point of Collection site is located at the local health department located at 1 W Altman Street in Statesboro. If you would like to be tested for free, please call 855-473-4374 for an appointment at the new site.
Statewide COVID-19/Confirmed Hotline: (844) 442-2681
Information above provided by:
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG TERM CARE REPORT FROM DCH (7/01/20)
DPH EXPLAINS DIFFERENCE IN NUMBERS OF DAILY DEATHS FROM NURSING HOMES AND THE COMMUNITY IS CAUSED BY A LAG IN DATA ENTRY.
|FACILITY||# OF RESIDENTS||# COVID POSITVE RESIDENT||# COVID DEATHS||#COVID POSITIVE STAFF|
BULLOCH COUNTY DEATH STATISTICS:
Special thanks to today’s sponsor Glenn Davis and Associates Insurance Agency. They care about you, your family and your business. Call them at 912-489-3716 and let them make sure you have the best insurance plans available for these uncertain times. They are an independent, full service Statesboro insurance agency that represents some of the best companies in the industry, including Auto-Owners Insurance.