Update/COVID-19 (515 confirmed COVID-19 positive Bulloch residents) Up 7 in 24 hours.
- EGRMC caring for 20 COVID-19 positive patients/highest to date.
- First single digit increase in COVID-19 positive Bulloch residents since June 18th. (7)
- Long-Term Care Facilitates are seeing an uptick in COVID-19 Positive patients and staff
EGRMC has 24 ICU beds and 17 vents currently. The ICU bed count does not include step down beds. They can expand to more critical beds if needed with some modifications.
The dramatic increase in hospitalizations in Bulloch, Savannah, Brunswick and across Georgia is a cause for alarm. Hospital critical care bed capacity, ventilator availability and overall bed capacity is limited. It is important that citizens immediately begin following CDC guidelines in wearing a mask, social distancing, washing hands and avoiding crowds to stop the spread of COVID-19. Below we have included in this update hospitalizations for Savannah and Brunswick in addition to a graph that shows statewide capacity.
Bulloch County Status as of 7/6/2020 3:00pm:
- Total to date: (515 Total confirmed cases and 4 deaths total reported here with 39 hospitalizations total.) Up 7 confirmed cases since yesterday, with a substantial increase in hospitalizations. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 20 COVID-19 positive patients today (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents) 6 patients on ventilators, 4 of which are COVID-19 positive patients.
- EMS has transported 2 probable COVID-19 positive patients in last 24 hours. To Date: 36 probable and 28 confirmed transports by EMS.
- SPOC open today located at local health department. Call 855-473-4374 for an appointment.
- EMA consulting local officials on distribution of 10k masks obtained from State.
- EMA working on resource request from local NH for staffing support.
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY 7/06/20 COVID-19 REPORT:
|FACILITY||# OF RESIDENTS||# COVID POSITVE RESIDENT||# COVID DEATHS||#|
|#COVID POSITIVE STAFF|
BULLOCH COUNTY TOTAL COVID-19 DEATHS:
Special thanks to today’s sponsor Glenn Davis and Associates Insurance Agency. They care about you, your family and your business. Call them at 912-489-3716 and let them make sure you have the best insurance plans available for these uncertain times. They are an independent, full service Statesboro insurance agency that represents some of the best companies in the industry, including Auto-Owners Insurance.