Special thanks to today’s sponsor Glenn Davis and Associates Insurance Agency. They care about you, your family and your business. Call them at 912-489-3716 and let them make sure you have the best insurance plans available for these uncertain times. They are an independent, full service Statesboro insurance agency that represents some of the best companies in the industry, including Auto-Owners Insurance.
Bulloch County is currently in the Category of “Substantial Spread”.
Below is the criteria recognized by DPH.
- Substantial Spread: greater than 100 cases per 100,000 county residents
- Minimal/Moderate Spread: 6-100 cases per 100,000 county residents
- No/Low Spread: 1-5 cases per 100,000 county residents
Most COVID-19 positive cases are occurring in 18-29-year-old citizens with over 17,000 of 79,417 of total confirmed in the state.
Click the link below for today’s DPH 3pm statewide COVID-19 update:
Steve Pennington, CEO of EGRMC spoke via video conference today to the local Chamber of Commerce and shared some information about the Hospital’s on-going response to COVID-19. Some of the major points were:
- Recent admissions are sicker than they were seeing before and younger
- To date they have admitted 61 COVID positive patients.
- They are currently treating 14 COVID patients.
Bulloch County Status as of 6/30/2020 3:00pm:
- Total to date: (339 Total confirmed cases and 4 deaths total reported here with 30 hospitalizations total.) Up 40 confirmed cases since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- City Hall closed due to employee testing positive with COVID-19.
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 14 COVID-19 positive patients today (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents)
- EMA participated in conference call with DPH and local officials.
- BOE serving 5600 meals daily through July 17. Bulloch VOAD working to fill 17-day period meals will be unavailable.
- EMS transported no positive COVID-19 positive in last 24 hrs. To Date: 32 probable and 17 confirmed transports by EMS. Up 3 confirmed.
- SPOC closed today at local health department. Call 855-473-4374 for an appointment.
- EMA received confirmation of additional 10k for local stockpile and eventual distribution
- Bulloch VOAD working with vulnerable individuals impacted by COVID-19
- To date EMA has facilitated 39 resource requests with 39 completed as of today.
Note: While testing numbers have increased, we should realize the cases are there whether we test or not. Follow the guidance below and let’s slow the spread in Bulloch. We must take this seriously.
A facemask protects others should you be infected and unaware. It is not hard to see when out and about that many do not take this seriously. WEAR A FACE COVERING. COVID- 19 is going to be around for a while. Wearing a face mask is as simple as being a good neighbor. While some states are seeing declines in numbers, others are going up. Experts believe we are still in the first wave, and we must remain vigilant.
Also, to further prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least six feet distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
The local SPOC/Specimen Point of Collection site is located at the local health department located at 1 W Altman Street in Statesboro. If you would like to be tested for free, please call 855-473-4374 for an appointment at the new site.
Statewide COVID-19/Confirmed Hotline: (844) 442-2681
Information above provided by:
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG TERM CARE REPORT FROM DCH (6/29/20)
DPH EXPLAINS DIFFERENCE IN NUMBERS OF DAILY DEATHS FROM NURSING HOMES AND THE COMMUNITY IS CAUSED BY A LAG IN DATA ENTRY.
|FACILITY||# OF RESIDENTS||# COVID POSITVE RESIDENT||# COVID DEATHS||#COVID POSITIVE STAFF|
BULLOCH COUNTY DEATH STATISTICS: