Ted Wynn, Bulloch County Public Safety Director Report:
Sadly a 4th Bulloch County Resident has died from COVID-19 (90+ White, Female, Comorbidity Unknown)
Bulloch County is currently in the Category of “Substantial Spread”.
Below is the criteria recognized by DPH.
- Substantial Spread: greater than 100 cases per 100,000 county residents
- Minimal/Moderate Spread: 6-100 cases per 100,000 county residents
- No/Low Spread: 1-5 cases per 100,000 county residents
Bulloch County Status as of 6/27/2020 3:00pm:
- Total to date: (272 Total confirmed cases and 4 deaths total reported here with 21 hospitalizations total.) Up 11 confirmed cases since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 8 COVID-19 positive patients today. (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents)
- BOE serving 5600 meals daily through July 17. Bulloch VOAD working to fill 17-day period meals will be unavailable.
- EMS transported 1 positive COVID-19 patients in the past 24 hrs. To Date: 28 probable and 14 confirmed transports by EMS. Up 1 confirmed.
- SPOC opens Monday at local health department. Call 855-473-4374 for an appointment.
- EMA received confirmation of additional 10k for local stockpile and eventual distribution
- Bulloch VOAD working with vulnerable individuals impacted by COVID-19
- To date EMA has facilitated 39 resource requests with 38 completed.
Note: While testing numbers have increased, we should realize the cases are there whether we test or not. Follow the guidance below and let’s slow the spread in Bulloch. We must take this seriously.
A facemask protects others should you be infected and unaware. It is not hard to see when out and about that many do not take this seriously. WEAR A FACE COVERING. COVID- 19 is going to be around for a while. Wearing a face mask is as simple as being a good neighbor. While some states are seeing declines in numbers, others are going up. Experts believe we are still in the first wave, and we must remain vigilant.
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG TERM CARE REPORT FROM DCH (6/25/20)
DPH EXPLAINS DIFFERENCE IN NUMBERS OF DAILY DEATHS FROM NURSING HOMES AND THE COMMUNITY IS CAUSED BY A LAG IN DATA ENTRY.
# OF RESIDENTS
# COVID POSITVE RESIDENT
# COVID DEATHS
#COVID POSITIVE STAFF
BULLOCH COUNTY DEATH STATISTICS: