Local • Independent • Trusted • Connected
These four words define Grice Connect. They represent our core values and our guidestones we follow daily to make a difference for the Bulloch County community.
• Local — Grice Connect is not owned by any out-of-state media company, but by DeWayne and Lori Grice, Statesboro residents who care about this community.
• Independent — Grice Connect is not associated with any outside companies or organizations and is not influenced by any particular political parties or other interests with the sole intent of publishing objective, unbiased news.
• Trusted — DeWayne Grice has built a reputation in Statesboro as a journalist who could be trusted, a characteristic reflected in his reporting. His professional approach to coverage has remained consistent.
Lori Grice has operated her internationally acclaimed photography studio on Main Street for nearly 40 years. Her highly sought after portrait artistry is only matched by her entrepreneurial spirit and desire to give back to others in remarkable ways.
• Connected – Brene Brown, Ph.D., L.M.S.W. defines connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued: when they can give and receive without judgement; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship. This is why we don’t have news in our name. We are more than news, we are connectors of people.
• How we are funded: Through the support of the business community through digital advertising and sponsorships, along with the kind donations of readers through voluntary memberships, the Grice Connect has found its way in this modern age of news delivery.
DeWayne Grice, Publisher/Editor of Grice Connect founded it in 2019 with the desire to provide an unparalleled hyper-local news product to the people of this community. DeWayne brings over four decades of journalism experience beginning in radio while in high school, founding Northland Cable News, a multi state cable television news company then serving as business editor of the Statesboro Herald. Throughout his career in media he has focused his efforts equally on reporting and taking care of his readers.
DeWayne is married to Master Photographer Lori Grice, who also helps with Grice Connect in various ways. DeWayne and Lori have one child, Edie Grace Grice, a Junior Psychology major at Georgia Southern University.