The Statesboro Herald’s Lisa Turner is the 2020 Kiwanian of the year. The Statesboro Kiwanian of the Year is awarded to members “whose conduct and services to the community and the club are rated exceptional.” The Kiwanian of the year lives up to the Objects of the Kiwanis including:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
A committee consisting of the three immediate past winners of this award select an appropriate nominee and submit their recommendation to the Board of Directors. The 2020 Kiwanian of the Year was announced at the club’s Annual Anniversary Banquet.
Statesboro 2020 Kiwanian of the Year: Lisa Turner
Lisa Turner not born in Statesboro but has deep seated family roots in Bulloch County. She is the child and grandchild of a long line of farmers; her feet are firmly imbedded in the tilled earth of home.
Throughout her tenure and graduation from Bulloch County schools, she participated in 4H, FFA showing livestock, and even now, many years later, is a member of her schools FFA Alumni program. She has always been hard working, from the fields to working her way through college, even now, Turner works hard to support her family, to support the Kiwanis Club, and to better themselves through higher education.
A single parent for many years, she has always put her child’s welfare above her own, often going without, in order to help advance her child’s betterment in life…and they have succeeded. Lisa Turner is a dedicated member of Kiwanis and has stepped up to serve on several committees since their induction into the Statesboro Kiwanis club.
Lisa Turner as served on the Statesboro Kiwanis Board of Directors, the Rodeo Committee, has been a CO-Chair on the Fair Committee and an employee at the Statesboro Herald for almost 20 years. Congratulations to the 2020 Kiwanian of the Year, Lisa Turner!