Savannah SCORE is presenting “Speed Mentoring for Women in Business: From Breakdown to Breakthrough” on Saturday, August 22, from 8:30AM-11:00AM. This is a virtual educational and networking event specifically designed for in-business female entrepreneurs and business owners.
The event will feature a panel of some of the Savannah area’s best and brightest women in business. Panelists will discuss a variety of topics including funding sources, financial management, digital marketing strategies, pivoting business plans to meet today’s challenges, HR management, legal issues, opportunities for women to do business with the City of Savannah, and more.
According to Zenetria Ward, a Savannah SCORE Certified Mentor and one of the event panelists, “This event is perfect for women entrepreneurs and business owners. It will reignite the passion they had when they chose their business journey as well as answer many of the toughest questions women face in today’s challenging business environment.”
The event’s Keynote Speaker and Panel of Experts are:
- Victoria Baylor, Mindset & Brand Brilliance Coach and TEDx Speaker.
- Keynote address.
- Jennifer Bonnett – Executive Director, Creative Coast and VP of Innovation and Entrepreneurism, Savannah Economic Development Authority
- Topic: Funding Sources: Why you need them and where to find them
- DeAnni Gibbs – Small Business Opportunity Program Coordinator, City of Savannah
- Topic: Areas of opportunity doing business with the City of Savannah
- Kara Fortney – Microloan Program Manager, Small Business Assistance Corporation
- Topic: SBAC’s Microloan Program – What are Microloans and are they appropriate for your business?
- Erin Burnsed – Manager, Wells Fargo’s Statesboro Branch
- Topic: PPP & EIDL – You received assistance during COVID-19, now what?
- Karen Groover – KGroover Consulting, LLC; HR Expert
- Topic: Hiring – 1099 Contractors vs. W2 Employees: Pros, Cons, and IRS regulations
- Sarah H. Lamar – Attorney, HunterMaclean
- Topic: Employment Law Essentials – One decision can close your doors
- Bill Bruner – Attorney and Certified SCORE Mentor
Topic: Business Structure Options: Which is best for your business?
- Renee Vevea – Marketing Specialist/Certified SCORE Mentor
Topic: Marketing – Targeting clients through Digital Marketing, Social Media & Search Engine Optimization
- Amy Shippy – Successful Entrepreneur and Certified SCORE Mentor
Topic: Cash Flow: The Lifeline of your Business
- Zenetria Ward – Business Consultant, Entrepreneur, and Certified SCORE Mentor
Topic: The Business Plan: Why you need one and how to create an effective one
The fee to attend the August 22 “Speed Mentoring for Women in Business” virtual event is $30. Registration is limited to 80 participants, so advance registration is highly recommended.
To register please click on the following link: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07eh89ws3m057c4fed&oseq=&c=&ch= . Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any registration questions.
For more information about the event or about Savannah SCORE, please go to https://savannah.score.org.
ABOUT SCORE: With over 300 chapters nationwide, SCORE, itself a Not-For-Profit organization, is the nation’s largest provider of free business mentoring and educational programs for aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners. In 2019, Savannah SCORE was named “Mid-Market Chapter of the Year” and became the only 4-time Platinum SCORE Chapter in Georgia. To schedule a free business mentoring/coaching session with a SCORE mentor to discuss your new or existing business, please go to https://savannah.score.org.