Grice Connect continues working to make the data in our daily COIVID-19 report and dashboard as relevant and easy to follow as possible. Because the Southeast Health District and the Georgia Department of Community health limits the amount of data they release to us locally, we must source as much information as possible from all the local, regional and statewide sources possible.
As we continue to listen to Grice Connect followers, consult with a team of local doctors and community health leaders we adjust our report and dashboard to provide citizens and business leaders the best data possible to allow you to make informed decisions about the virus.
Having accurate data is critical to seeing where we measure up with in our region and state. We continue to work daily pouring over data and resources to monitor and sort through a large amount of information to compile our daily reports.
Grice Connect New COVID-19 Dashboard
A special thanks to Dr. Frank Davis, M.D. F.A.C.S, a retired trauma surgeon who lives in Bulloch County. He has worked closely with the Grice Connect team to design the new dashboard and provide brief interpretation of the data. You will be seeing and hearing more from Dr. Davis as he continues to help us monitor the COVID-19 impact locally.
We also want to thank Sean Davis and his team at Glenn Davis Insurers and Auto Owners Insurers for stepping up to sponsor this massive effort daily. They understand the importance of providing the best local data possible so their clients, family and friends can navigate this continuing crisis.
With Bulloch County Schools and Georgia Southern University returning to classes tomorrow, this will increase the importance of monitoring COVID-19.
Thanks for supporting and following Grice Connect.
Georgia has moved to second, behind Florida in the most positive COVID-19 cases per 100,000 residents over the last 7 days. Georgia averaged 198 new cases per 100,000 residents compared to Florida with 200 per 100,000.
Evans County is listed as 5th in new cases in Georgia out of 159 counties. They reported 63 new cases over the past 7 days.
Georgia is ranked 7th in the most deaths per 100,000 residents in the past seven days. Candler County tops the list our of 159 counties in Georgia reporting 5 deaths over the past 7 days.
- 1,395 Total confirmed cases and 17 deaths total reported here with 95 hospitalizations total. Up 15 confirmed since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 16 COVID-19 positive patients today. (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents) 5 COVID-19 patients on vents. EGRMC has 17 total vents. However, this is reporting only COVID-19 patients on vents. It is unknown how many actual vents are in use at this time.
- Bulloch EMS received notice of 75 Confirmed COVID-19 positive and 89 probable patients transported to date.
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY 8/14/20 COVID-19 REPORT:
|FACILITY||# RES.||POS RES.||COVID DEATHS||RES. TESTED||RECOVER||POS. STAFF|
BULLOCH COUNTY TOTAL COVID-19 DEATHS
- 313 Total confirmed cases and 3 deaths total reported with 20 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 1 confirmed cases and increase of 0 hospitalizations and 0 deaths from yesterday)
- Evans COVID-19 deaths59 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 62 year old, white male with comorbidity
- 76 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 280 total confirmed cases and 9 deaths total reported with 10 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 1 confirmed cases and an increase of 0 deaths from yesterday)
- Candler’s COVID-19 deaths
Order AGE SEX COUNTY RACE COMORBIDITY 4 46 Female Candler White Yes 2 56 Female Candler Black Yes 8 61 Male Candler White No 6 64 Female Candler Black No 5 68 Male Candler White No 1 73 Female Candler White No 7 75 Female Candler White No 9 83 Female Candler Black 3 86 Male Candler White Yes
Exceeding hospital bed and staff capacity is why leaders continue calling for citizens to wear a mask, social distance, wash hands and avoid crowds to slow the spread and not overwhelm our hospital.
The Georgia Tech COVID-19 risk assessment planning tool shows the risk level of attending an event in any county in America, given the event size and location (assuming 10:1 ascertainment bias). The risk level is the estimated chance (0-100%) that at least 1 COVID-19 positive individual will be present at an event in a county, given the size of the event. Choose an event size. Use the drop-down menu to choose a county you would like to zoom in on.
Note: The graphs depict total tests and not the number of persons tested. Some individuals may be tested multiple times.
Weekly Testing Numbers
The following graph depicts the number of specimens collected for testing by the Southeast Health District each week. Tests are also performed by private physicians, hospitals, federally qualified health centers, urgent care centers, among others so this number is not a comprehensive total of all testing done in our area.
InfogramPercentage of COVID-19 Positive TestsThe graph below shows the percentage of COVID-19 positive specimens collected by the Southeast Health District and processed through our main laboratory (Ipsum Diagnostics), beginning May 25, 2020.
Evaluating the percentage of positive test results can give you a better understanding of the spread of COVID-19.