The Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting that Governor Brian Kemp will sign an new executive order on Saturday that yields to cities demands and allow them to enforce the mask mandates. Governor Kemp Governor had previously said they had no power to mandate, they were unnecessary and unenforceable. He continues to refuse to order a statewide mask mandate.
- Region J Critical Care Bed Capacity increased to 20 today out of 264 total. There are only 15% (436 beds) critical care beds available statewide.
- 1,365 Total confirmed cases and 17 deaths total reported here with 94 hospitalizations total. Up 27 confirmed since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County Residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 20 COVID-19 positive patients today. (May or may not be Bulloch County Residents) 5 COVID-19 patients on vents. EGRMC has 17 total vents. However, this is reporting only COVID-19 patients on vents. It is unknown how many actual vents are in use at this time.
- Bulloch EMS received notice of 75 Confirmed COVID-19 positive and 89 probable patients transported to date.
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY 8/14/20 COVID-19 REPORT:
|FACILITY||# RES.||POS RES.||COVID DEATHS||RES. TESTED||RECOVER||POS. STAFF|
BULLOCH COUNTY TOTAL COVID-19 DEATHS
- 304 Total confirmed cases and 3 deaths total reported with 19 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 13 confirmed cases and increase of 0 hospitalizations and 0 deaths from yesterday)
- Evans COVID-19 deaths
- 59 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 62 year old, white male with comorbidity
- 76 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 277 total confirmed cases and 7 deaths total reported with 9 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 6 confirmed cases and an increase of 1 deaths from yesterday)
- Candler’s COVID-19 deaths
Order AGE SEX COUNTY RACE COMORBIDITY 4 46 Female Candler White Yes 2 56 Female Candler Black Yes 6 64 Female Candler Black No 5 68 Male Candler White No 1 73 Female Candler White No 7 75 Female Candler White No 3 86 Male Candler White Yes
Exceeding hospital bed and staff capacity is why leaders continue calling for citizens to wear a mask, social distance, wash hands and avoid crowds to slow the spread and not overwhelm our hospital.
The Georgia Tech COVID-19 risk assessment planning tool shows the risk level of attending an event in any county in America, given the event size and location (assuming 10:1 ascertainment bias). The risk level is the estimated chance (0-100%) that at least 1 COVID-19 positive individual will be present at an event in a county, given the size of the event. Choose an event size. Use the drop-down menu to choose a county you would like to zoom in on.
Note: The graphs depict total tests and not the number of persons tested. Some individuals may be tested multiple times.
Weekly Testing Numbers
The following graph depicts the number of specimens collected for testing by the Southeast Health District each week. Tests are also performed by private physicians, hospitals, federally qualified health centers, urgent care centers, among others so this number is not a comprehensive total of all testing done in our area.