Last updated on April 30, 2020
Daily Update COVID-19 4/29/2020
This report is compiled daily by Bulloch County Public Safety Director Ted Wynn.
Bulloch County Confirmed Cases (35 and 2 deaths reported here with 8 hospitalizations.) That is an increase of 1 confirmed. We expect this to increase as testing ramps up.
Local Efforts and Information:
– PPE shortages are anticipated staff will be making new request.
– Participated in conference call today with DPH/SE District. Discussion consisted mainly of increase in testing initiatives statewide. They anticipate “pop up sites” in the future.
– SPOC site will now be open 7 days a week with the addition of some Sunday hours
– 2 new resource requests made for National Guard infection control teams for LTCFs. Requests accepted and assigned by SOC.
– Resource Request made on behalf of BCSO for testing strike team to test inmates and employees. (This is a new initiative being offered free of charge by State). Request accepted and assigned by SOC
– Message boards promoting testing placed in 2 locations in Statesboro (request from Public Health)
– EMS has transported 17 probable and 5 confirmed patients. Unchanged since yesterday.
– EGRMC caring for 1 confirmed COVID-19 patients today. Still Great News.
– Bulloch VOAD continues to address unmet individual needs.
– County BOE continues to serve over 5500 meals per day (m-f)
Statewide COVID-19/Confirmed Hotline:
Total Tests- 140,223 (10% increase from yesterday) That is good
Confirmed COVID-19 cases- 25,274 (3% Increase from yesterday)
ICU admissions- 1,122 (4% increase from yesterday)
Hospitalized- 4,948 (4% increase from yesterday)
Deaths- 1,052 (3% increase from yesterday)