FREE Wi-Fi Zones by Bulloch Solutions, Georgia Technologies, Blue Mile, Northland
Drive-Up Free Wi-FI Zones That Are Now Active in Bulloch County AVAILABLE 8:30 AM TO 9 PM
Bulloch Solutions Sites
City of Statesboro
- Visit Statesboro, 222 South Main Street – covers parking lot
- Honey Bowen Building, 1 Max Lockwood Drive – covers playground and parking around building
- Averitt Center for the Arts, 33 East Main – covers parking around Averitt
- Old Nevil Tire, 2900 Northside Drive West (across from Bulloch Telephone Office) covers parking lot
- Whitaker Black Box Theater, 41 West Main, covers city parking lot across from building
- Bulloch County Agriculture Arena, located at 44 Arena Boulevard RV parking area behind the Arena
- Downtown Brooklet and at the Randy Newman Community Center
- Portal, Bulloch Telephone Company’s Switching office, 27168 Hwy 80 West, Portal
- Nevils, Bulloch Telephone Company’s Switching office, 8378 Nevils Groveland Road across from Nevils Elementary
- Cone Homes playground area
- Northland Communications office, 32 East Vine Street
- Cool Beanz Expresso Bar, 19 East Vine Street
- Statesboro City Hall, 50 East Main Street
- Kindom Cuts, 63 East Main Street
- Statesboro Properties & Southern Properties Real Estate Team, 28 East Main Street
- Longhourn Steakhouse, 296 Northside Drive East
- Staplecotn, 39 East Main Street
- Anderson’s General Store, 23736 US-80 East
- Ole Times, 24033 US-80 East
- 111 South, 111 Rucker Lane
Who Made this Possible
With the closing of the Statesboro Regional Library and the Action Pact Senior Center, many Bulloch County citizens have lost access to the internet. A group of local business and civic leaders met today to address this issue in a huge way. Keely Fennell, President of the Blue Mile Foundation, led a small group in-person meeting, with others joining by phone, purposely not exceeding the ten person CDC recommendation.
One of the winning prizes with Frontier’s America’s Best Community contest was a significant gift of Wi-Fi equipment provided by CISCO and Frontier. The Blue Mile Foundation is making this equipment available to place throughout the downtown area to help speed up the process of getting broad FREE WI-FI coverage in key locations throughout our community.
David Rogers with Georgia Technologies is donating his company’s resources to help with the technical side of the installation and set-up. John Scott and his team at Bulloch Solutions (formerly Bulloch Telephone) agreed to provide installation assistance and internet service free to power the Drive Up Wi-Fi Zones. Statesboro City Manager Charles Penny and Bulloch County Manger Tom Couch agreed to allow use of key city and county-owned buildings to house and host the equipment. Everything being done is at no cost to our taxpayers. All entities are donating, equipment, services, expertise and time to see this project through.
After the initial story ran Northland reached out and wanted to be a part of this effort. They have opened hot spots listed abouve.
Drive-Up Free Wi-FI Zones Coming Downtown
The team identified key areas in the downtown area that will provide ample parking. The idea is to have the Free WI-FI available so citizens can use it from their own car. The Drive Up Free Wi-FI Zones were an idea developed by the group as the safest way to meet the CDC guidelines and address our community’s need. Downtown locations will be announced as soon as the equipment installed and tested.
Drive-Up Free Wi-FI Zones That Are Now Active in Bulloch County
In cooperation with Bulloch County Recreation department, Bulloch Solutions opened a Drive-Up Free WI-FI Zone at the Bulloch County Agriculture Arena, located at 44 Arena Boulevard from 8:30 AM to 9 PM weekdays in the RV parking area behind the Arena.
In cooperation with Brooklet Mayor Joe Groomes and the City of Brooklet, Bulloch Solutions opened a Drive-Up Free Wi-FI Zone throughout downtown Brooklet and at the Randy Newman Community Center in Brooklet from 8:30 am to 9 PM daily.
In Portal, Bulloch Solutions opened a Drive-Up Free Wi-Fi Zone at Bulloch Telephone Company’s Switching office from 8:30 to 9 PM daily.
To access the Free Wi-Fi look for BullochWiFi in your list of available WiFi – No password needed.
“This spirit and cooperation is what I love about this community”, said Skip Alford, President, Statesboro-Bulloch Chamber of Commerce. “This impressive group of leaders saw a need and came together to figure it out and solve it. We are all in uncharted waters now, business helping business, friend helping friend will help get us all through this.”