Ogeechee River Flood Evacuation Assistance Offered
In a press release from Bulloch County EMA they described receiving a couple of calls from residents along the Ogeechee River requesting assistance in evacuation.
With assistance from DNR officers and the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office they were able to evacuate these families.
A flood warning from the NWS is in effect until Wednesday, February 26 for the Ogeechee River.
If you feel you may need assistance in evacuating please don’t wait until an emergency arises.
For assistance in evacuation please call the Bulloch County EMA Office at 912-489-1661 (option 1 communications) or the Sheriff’s Office at 912-764-8888.
This is NOT a mandatory evacuation order, but understand, 911/emergency assistance may be delayed due to flooding along the river.
The forecast calls for additional rainfall that could impact the river in the coming days. Take this into consideration when making plans as the river may continue to flood/rise for the foreseeable future.
GEMA/HS Alert: Bulloch All Hazards
Flood Warning issued February 24 at 9:44AM EST by NWS Charleston SC. The Flood Warning continues for The Ogeechee River near Eden.
- At 9 AM Monday the stage was 15.9 feet.
- Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
- Moderate flooding is occurring, and Major flooding is forecast.
- Forecast, the river will rise to near 16.1 feet by early Wednesday afternoon then begin a slow fall.
- At 16.0 feet, water approaches portions of Old Jenks Turnpike. Water enters a few homes near the river.