Sigma Chi Honors Frank Hook with an Annual Day of Service
Early Saturday morning nearly 200 Sigma Chi members, alumni and several sororities came together to honor one of their own and launch their first annul community day of service. Led by John Daniel Brannen the students plan to spend the day blanketing our community helping twelve different non-profit agencies. They also had a very special surprise for Sigma Chi Alumn Frank Hook in which they dedicated this annual day of service to.
“In honor of his dedication to the Eta Zeta Chapter of Sigma Chi, his tremendous heart, his unmatched service to this community, and the example of integrity that he walks out each and every day, we would like to name the event in honor of Mr. Frank Hook”, said John Daniel as he made the presentation to a very surprised Frank Hook. “Thank you for the foundation of service that each of you worked hard to build for Eta Zeta Sigma Chi. It is upon your foundation that we now stand and try to carry on your legacy in this community. Thank you so much for your leadership and support.”
Here is a complete list of the agencies this project is supporting today:
- Sort Clothes and Organize the Warehouse for Fostering Bulloch
- Help with Cabin Construction for Broken Shackles Ranch
- Pressure Wash Outside and Clean Windows for The Homeless Shelter
- Deliver 200 meals for The Soup Kitchen
- Clean up lots on the Blue Mile and distribute flyers for The Blue Mile
- Do yard work, paint, and clean up for a recent widow for Connection Church
- Pack backpacks for children in need for Langston Chapel Elementary
- Clean Gutters out, including trees for Safe Haven
- Paint at John’s Place for Pineland Mental Health
- Do yard work and paint for The Teal House (The Regional Sexual Assault Center)
- Remove Holly Bushes around the building for The Boys and Girls Club
Frank Hook is a well known Statesboro citizen who retired from Georgia Southern Athletics as one of the founding members of the reboot of the GSU Eagle Football program. Frank in known in our community for his strong faith, love of his community and GSU and a proud member of Sigma Chi. Frank always has a compliment for everyone in his presence and the ability to lift any room with his positive spirit and energy.
“I thought I was coming to say a few words this morning but they surprised me and shocked me”, said Frank Hook. “I always felt that God has blessed me and has given me the honor and privileged to serve other people and that is why I came today to recognize these young folks for doing just that today in our community.”
Well done John Daniel and Sigma Chi. This is a fitting tribute to a man who understands the power of brotherhood and service to others.